Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volumes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
wbrustle
340 Views, 6 Replies

volumes

I was wondering if there is a way to somehow display on paper (so the engineer could visually see) the base surface and the proposed surface pertaining to cut and fill. I know in LDD there was a command where it would actually show negative numbers and positive numbers on the screen where cut and fill were needed comparing the two surfaces.....or maybe a way to print out in color the two comparison surfaces

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Ed.McGriskin
in reply to: wbrustle

There are a couple ways to do it. 

One way is to set up a surface analysis on the Analysis Tab under surface properties and you can define a set of ranges with different colours representing different cut or fill depths. You can also insert a surface legend to show what the ranges are.

Second way is to create a cut/fill surface label. Here is one link that came up from a quick google search. 

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/color-cutfill-surface-labels.html

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 3 of 7
wbrustle
in reply to: Ed.McGriskin

that is exactly what I was looking for....thanks so much!

Message 4 of 7
Ed.McGriskin

No problem. 

Ed McGriskin, P.Eng.
Project Engineer @ HUSSON
Remember to accept the solution so others can find the solution also.
Message 5 of 7
troma

If your question is answered, please be sure to click on the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that is the solution. This will help everyone find answers quickly.
Thanks!

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Ed.McGriskin

I tried the tutorial in the Link Provided and must be missing something. The lable values come out great, but the color of the label is always the color of the text component that is at the top of the draw order list. What step am i missing that will make the text change color via the condition provided.

The steps i used:

Create new spot elevation label style

Componet 1 = Cut "sign negative" Color Red

Component 2 = Fill "drop negative Value" Color Green

Thanks,

Dave

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I figured it out.

Rookie mistake, when you change the sign to drop negative value, be sure to hit the arrow to send the changes over.

Thanks for the tip this is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report