Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume report problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
novais
4586 Views, 9 Replies

Volume report problem

Hello,

After changing from C3D 2010 to 2013 i'm unable to view the xml volume report generated on my browser like i normaly used to do in C3D 2010.

I know that i'm doing everything right before trying to generate a volume report since i'm able to produce a table showing my corridor sections and volumes ok.

But when i trie to generate a xml, it pops out blank... Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!

Novais

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wfberry
in reply to: novais

Try a different browser.

Bill

Message 3 of 10
novais
in reply to: wfberry

I've already tried Internet Explorer and Chrome... still pops a blank page...

Thanks for your reply.

Novais

Message 4 of 10
ghlad

Doesn't work with Firefox either: I just get a blank page when I open the file.  The option to display XML also doesn't work.  I have to manually open the file, which gets buried in a user temp folder.

Greg

Greg

Civil 3D 2020
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 @ 3.20 GHz
64-bit OS 16 GB RAM

"What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?" Ursula K. Le Guin, brainyquote.com
Message 5 of 10
novais
in reply to: ghlad

Hi, 

In my case i've found the problem. 

With my home PC it works ok with any browser, so the problem was on the tight security policy that my company has with internet and browsers blocking scripts and other things.

Hope the info could help you.

Nuno

Message 6 of 10
ghlad

Thanks.  I couldn't find the security setting related to script files in Firefox (my default browser), so I installed MS Internet Explorer (it had been disabled) and associated XML files with it instead of Firefox and the Volume Report works now.

Greg

Civil 3D 2020
Windows 10 Pro
Intel Core i7 @ 3.20 GHz
64-bit OS 16 GB RAM

"What sane person could live in this world and not be crazy?" Ursula K. Le Guin, brainyquote.com
Message 7 of 10
reyfabian2015

Im having the same problem, I already have the scripts enabled in both google chrome and microsoft edge however it is still blank or with the error "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below"

reyfabian2015_0-1651052572248.png

Message 8 of 10
AlekseiOn
in reply to: reyfabian2015

Same here. Windows 11 Civil 3D 2023. Chrome and Edge scripts allowed, pop up allowed. 

Then i make table of pavement materials separably,  i have got the numbers. Then i try to use Material report, it generates only xml file, without html in Temp folder. Earthworks report working fine. Any solution?

Message 9 of 10
Bholle
in reply to: AlekseiOn

Just had the same issue. Had to enable Internet explorer mode on Edge to get it to work.

Message 10 of 10
hugomABZ3T

This worked for me as well. In the top right of Microsoft Edge, click the 3 dots for the drop-down menu and down near the bottom, select: "Reload in internet explorer".

It will reload and give a pop-up to allow scripts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report