Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume of a stockpile in a surface

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
petelien
2002 Views, 7 Replies

Volume of a stockpile in a surface

How can I get the volume of a stockpile from a surface? I have autocad civil 3d 2014.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mathewkol
in reply to: petelien

Make another surface exactly at the toe of the pil and then use the volems dashboard to calculate the volume.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 8
petelien
in reply to: mathewkol

What do I put in the surface? I have an original surface, and then I have a new surface that we had flown, and I want to create a volume of a stockpile that was in the new surface. So I can create a volume surface with those two but it gives me the volume of the whole surface not just one stockpile in that surface. 

Message 4 of 8
neilyj666

Draw a polyline around the stockpile and add as an outer boundary or just as a boundary in the volumes dashboard

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 8
petelien
in reply to: neilyj666

http://screencast.com/t/xDeyHsl6H

here is  a video of what I did, and I am not sure why it didn't work. I followed the tutorial in the autodesk help on this and it didn't work. I must be missing something??

Message 6 of 8
neilyj666

I'm not sure either - it all looks correct.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 8
mathewkol

It's not obvious in your video where your volume surface extents are and what kind of object that white thing is.  Make sure your volume surface actually exists in that area and make sure that thing is a CLOSED polyline.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 8
petelien
in reply to: neilyj666

Ok the way I did it DID work, I am just an idiot and didn't expand that volume surface in the dashboard. So I had incidentaly create like 10 of them because I thought it wasnt working. But I got what I needed and thanks for all the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report