Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume comparisons in Civil 3D 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mattsears18
2989 Views, 4 Replies

Volume comparisons in Civil 3D 2012

I learned everything on AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010. I remember a while back, I created two surfaces to do a volume comparison. Mainly I was interested in a cut/fill analysis. When I compared the surfaces, it created a new volume entity (for lack of knowing what it was technically called). The icon for this new entity was different from the icon for a surface; the new icon looked more like an extruded version of the original surface icon, if that makes sense. From here I was able to color areas that were in cut or fill, plus all sorts of other visual things. 

So my problem: I am now using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012. I have successfully created two surfaces and done a volume comparison. I can get the cut/fill from panorama, but I don't see any new entity created for this comparison. I am interested in coloring my plan for areas of cut and fill, for a quick visual representation. Has this feature been eliminated or changed in 2012, or am I missing something? Is there possibly something extra that I need to install? I am using the student version, but I have always used student versions.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: mattsears18

Use a surface analyis as per screenshot

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 5
mattsears18

Thanks, I think we're almost there. Some reason I don't have "Levels" as an option. Any idea?

See attached

Message 4 of 5
mattsears18

Solved. Had to create "TIN Volume Surface." That's what I was forgetting.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
neilyj666

Glad its sorted - my version is UKIE specific and so refers to Levels rather than Elevations

Please could you mark as solution (and give kudos) Smiley Happy

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report