AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Viz Render: One thing after another

58 Views, 3 Replies
11-19-2004 09:12 AM
I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D to see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up dialogue asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, open GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to keep going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every time. Hit cancel and the thing stops. So much for that app.

Re: Viz Render: One thing after another

11-19-2004 09:27 AM in reply to: *Neil W
My apologies for being so hostile, but I have had nothing but disappointments with all the 2005 apps. Having a freshly installed application blow up didn't help matters. I found the fix and got it working...for now. "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2965_2@newsprd01... >I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the >problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D to >see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up dialogue >asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, open >GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia >quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a >message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to keep >going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every time. >Hit cancel and the thing stops. > > So much for that app. > > > > >
*Tobi Yarbrough
Post 3 of 4

11-24-2004 10:28 AM in reply to: *Neil W
What was the fix? "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2d05_1@newsprd01... > My apologies for being so hostile, but I have had nothing but > disappointments with all the 2005 apps. Having a freshly installed > application blow up didn't help matters. I found the fix and got it > working...for now. > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2965_2@newsprd01... > >I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the > >problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D to > >see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up dialogue > >asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, open > >GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia > >quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a > >message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to keep > >going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every time. > >Hit cancel and the thing stops. > > > > So much for that app. > > > > > > > > > > > > >

11-24-2004 11:33 AM in reply to: *Neil W
Add /h to the end of the startup command line in the shortcut properties. This overrdies the driver settings and prompts for the driver you wish to use. I selected software because I have yet to have success with hardware acceleration with any Autocad application. "Tobi Yarbrough" wrote in message news:41a4d2b3$1_3@newsprd01... > What was the fix? > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2d05_1@newsprd01... >> My apologies for being so hostile, but I have had nothing but >> disappointments with all the 2005 apps. Having a freshly installed >> application blow up didn't help matters. I found the fix and got it >> working...for now. >> >> "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2965_2@newsprd01... >> >I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the >> >problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D > to >> >see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up > dialogue >> >asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, > open >> >GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia >> >quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a >> >message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to > keep >> >going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every > time. >> >Hit cancel and the thing stops. >> > >> > So much for that app. >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >> > > >
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the future of the Autodesk Community? To participate in this brief usability study, please click here. Your time and input is greatly appreciated!