Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viz Render: One thing after another

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
144 Views, 3 Replies

Viz Render: One thing after another

I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D to see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up dialogue asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, open GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to keep going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every time. Hit cancel and the thing stops. So much for that app.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

My apologies for being so hostile, but I have had nothing but disappointments with all the 2005 apps. Having a freshly installed application blow up didn't help matters. I found the fix and got it working...for now. "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2965_2@newsprd01... >I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the >problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D to >see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up dialogue >asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, open >GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia >quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a >message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to keep >going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every time. >Hit cancel and the thing stops. > > So much for that app. > > > > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

What was the fix? "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2d05_1@newsprd01... > My apologies for being so hostile, but I have had nothing but > disappointments with all the 2005 apps. Having a freshly installed > application blow up didn't help matters. I found the fix and got it > working...for now. > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2965_2@newsprd01... > >I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the > >problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D to > >see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up dialogue > >asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, open > >GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia > >quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a > >message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to keep > >going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every time. > >Hit cancel and the thing stops. > > > > So much for that app. > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Add /h to the end of the startup command line in the shortcut properties. This overrdies the driver settings and prompts for the driver you wish to use. I selected software because I have yet to have success with hardware acceleration with any Autocad application. "Tobi Yarbrough" wrote in message news:41a4d2b3$1_3@newsprd01... > What was the fix? > > "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2d05_1@newsprd01... >> My apologies for being so hostile, but I have had nothing but >> disappointments with all the 2005 apps. Having a freshly installed >> application blow up didn't help matters. I found the fix and got it >> working...for now. >> >> "Neil W" wrote in message news:419e2965_2@newsprd01... >> >I don't know why I bothered to try another 2005 app. after all the >> >problems, but I was curious so I decided to load Viz REnder for Civil 3D > to >> >see what it was about. The first thing that happened was a pop up > dialogue >> >asking me to choose a rendering engine. I had the choice of software, > open >> >GL or Direct X. Since I have an Open GL compatible Display card (nVidia >> >quadro4 Pro 980XGL) I chose open GL. Then as load continued I receive a >> >message: "nvidia Open GL Driver, Driver component mis-match. Retry to > keep >> >going, Cancel to Exit." I hit retry and the message comes back every > time. >> >Hit cancel and the thing stops. >> > >> > So much for that app. >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >> > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report