Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualice slope and elevation of a surface

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WilliamMaestre
270 Views, 4 Replies

Visualice slope and elevation of a surface

Good evening!

I have a surface made of  1100 points where the difference in elevation from the lowest to the highest is only 1.5m. Once I definined all the items like braklines, boundary and points that are part of the surface, I tried to analise it (surface properties, Analysys, Slopes, Number=8) but the surface remains empty of colours. In the Surface Style menu, Display, I activated the Slope icon as well.

I have the same problem with the Elevation, and the Slope Arrows.

I've read the Messages about this issue in the forum and I did as they state, with no luck.

I use Autocad Civil 3D 2009, by the way.

I'm obviously doing something wrong. Could some one tell me what? I started short time ago usin 3CD, and I'm not an expert at all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: WilliamMaestre

Did you remember to click the arrow button and set Surface style to Slope Banding?

SurfaceBanding.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
doni49

I ran a quick test here and I've attached my test dwg file for your use.

I placed a rectangle at elevation of 0 and several random points at elevation 4.921259842519685' which is 1.5m -- I just didn't feel like converting my file to metric.

Then I did the colors as you described.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
WilliamMaestre
in reply to: doni49

Good morning! Thanks a lot for the help! I did as you said and it didnt work! Why? Because the layer was OFF!!!!!!!!!

I turned it ON... and there are all the beautiful colours of the slopes!!!!!!

Really sorry for the stupid question and thanks again for your answer and yor time.

Have a nice day!

Message 5 of 5
doni49

Yes -- sometimes it's the simplest thing that will cause a problem.  I'm glad to hear you got it resolved though.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report