Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual styles

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Joe-Bouza
467 Views, 5 Replies

Visual styles

Not so much related to the application, but I was asked to find a way to make drawings look sketched, so I tried playing with visual styles. Help suggest setting the overhang and jitter setting on to accomplish this but my drawings can't survive the process; they lock up and crash. Any experience out there as to the optimal settings?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

If you upgraded to 2011 you have preset visual styles for this. If this is a plan view you can look at Impression.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=9246650

(I think you can get this on the Subscription site if your a member.)

If your crashing did you try resetting hardware acceleration or toggleing it on or off? Is it too much data? Video drivers current? Too much data? Maybe smaller pieces will help.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks John, I had trial of impression and forgot our subscription pull.

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ahulbertFDC
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I was able to set up the visual style to give me a sketched look on all the lines however it doesn't seem to apply to the curves / arcs within the drawing. Is there a setting I am missing?

Alex Hulbert

Civil 3D 2015 SP2
Windows 7 SP1 64bit
Intel Xeon 3.30GHz
RAM 16.0 GB
Message 5 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: ahulbertFDC

I don't usually do any sketchy drawings. But you could try the NAPKIN command.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
ahulbertFDC
in reply to: AllenJessup

I did try that and it worked OK. I didn't like that it added additional lines and nodes. I was hoping to have a style that could print as a sketch but would have intelligence that I could keep modifying without having to redraw.

Alex Hulbert

Civil 3D 2015 SP2
Windows 7 SP1 64bit
Intel Xeon 3.30GHz
RAM 16.0 GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report