AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*David Hammond
Message 1 of 4 (53 Views)

VIP or not VIP?

53 Views, 3 Replies
01-29-2004 09:49 AM
I guess I have 2 questions really ... 1. What is the practicality you see in the application of this product vs. staying with Civil Series &/or LDD3 with Civil 3? We are on VIP and have a demo of the product, but no project worth using it for. Is this the way to go and will it truly save you time and money once you are up to speed on it? How long to get up to speed? 2. What is the latest rumor as to a release date for full version? Basically, a couple years on VIP and it may be cheaper to just upgrade if it comes out next year for 4 seats. However if it comes out this year ... Plus, it seems that it is a few months are worked out of new releases but with the eval version I think it may not be as bad for this product. Okay , more than 2 questions, but got to decide on spending money or not. -- David R. Hammond Hammond Engineering Inc. 4802 Industry Dr. Central Point, OR 97502 drh@hamengr.com
*wfb
Message 2 of 4 (53 Views)

Re: VIP or not VIP?

01-29-2004 12:34 PM in reply to: *David Hammond
Did you not read the diatribe started by Steve Cannon a mere 1 day previous? Just kidding, but you should start there and quiz in that thread. "David Hammond" wrote in message news:4019478a$1_1@newsprd01... | | I guess I have 2 questions really ... | | 1. What is the practicality you see in the application of this product | vs. staying with Civil Series &/or LDD3 with Civil 3? We are on VIP and | have a demo of the product, but no project worth using it for. Is this the | way to go and will it truly save you time and money once you are up to speed | on it? How long to get up to speed? | | 2. What is the latest rumor as to a release date for full version? | Basically, a couple years on VIP and it may be cheaper to just upgrade if it | comes out next year for 4 seats. However if it comes out this year ... | Plus, it seems that it is a few months are worked out of new releases but | with the eval version I think it may not be as bad for this product. | | Okay , more than 2 questions, but got to decide on spending money or not. | | -- | David R. Hammond | Hammond Engineering Inc. | 4802 Industry Dr. | Central Point, OR 97502 | drh@hamengr.com | |
rick_wagner
Message 3 of 4 (53 Views)

02-06-2004 08:36 PM in reply to: *David Hammond
We do civil engineering with sewer and water design. Until it gets a lot more functionality it is useless for us.
*Mark Scacco
Message 4 of 4 (53 Views)

02-07-2004 01:42 PM in reply to: *David Hammond
Hi rick, Just curious...what software does your firm use for sewer and water design? What about for hydrology? Thank, Mark Scacco "rick_wagner" wrote in message news:20097965.1076128652404.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > We do civil engineering with sewer and water design. Until it gets a lot more functionality it is useless for us.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.