Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Locking Up

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
wings1080
574 Views, 13 Replies

Viewport Locking Up

unbelievable, fist time making multiple tabs in civil 3d for different sheets, like sheet 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3 etc... when I right click on the original tab and say copy to make the other 2 sheets and then go into those sheets, when i try to enter model space I can't pan around or anything, what am I doing wrong!???  googling was not much help

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
wings1080
in reply to: wings1080

I should add that I've already tried the viewport lock/unlock thing, does not help, also if I select the frame of the model space viewport it says there are 3 objects, maybe that gives a clue?? I erase on at a time and still no help
Message 3 of 14
AllenJessup

I know you said you tried unlock but since you get 3 objects. Select all 3 objects and go to Properties. Filter for just the viewport and see if it's locked.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 14
wings1080
in reply to: AllenJessup

how do I filter for just viewport? do you mind writing some simple instructions and I will check?!
Message 5 of 14
wings1080

are we allowed to upload civil 3d files here? maybe I could do that and someone could help that way?
Message 6 of 14
wings1080

here is the file if i uploaded it correctly

Message 7 of 14
AllenJessup

Select all 3. Open Properties. At the top it will say 3 items selected. Drop that down and select only the viewport.

s1.PNG

s2.png

s3.PNG

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 14
wings1080

THANKS! ... it says there are 2 viewports selected

Untitled.png

Message 9 of 14
AllenJessup

OK. You have 2 viewports on top of each other. When you double click the one in back activates and you pan in that so you don't see it in the front one. Erase the one that isn't correct.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
wings1080

thanks but HOW do I know which one is the bad one and how do I select that one to delete it?

Message 11 of 14
AllenJessup

Select the one on top and move it. Compare it to the one below. If the one you moved is the bad one. Erase it. If it's not undo until it's back in place. select both viewports and remove the one on top.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 12 of 14
wings1080

YES!!!!! THANK YOU!!! ... waves of relief ....

Message 13 of 14
AllenJessup

Glad it worked for you. Just used some old tricks I've picked up along the way.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 14 of 14
wings1080

I hear you, pain is the best teacher lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report