Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport Freeze

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
elaine3051
656 Views, 5 Replies

Viewport Freeze

I have recently installed 2015 Infrastructure Premium. When copy clipping objects in paper space to another layout, in the same drawing, my copied objects disappear. If the layer, that the objects reside on in paper space, in my first layout is frozen in the new layout's viewport then the copied objects in paper space are also frozen.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: elaine3051

Elaine,

You've probably already checked this, but it never hurts to check the easy stuff first:

NewVPFreeze.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
elaine3051
in reply to: Pointdump

I am only working in paperspace in my layout. The layer, the objects reside on is turned on and thawed in paper space. It is only frozen in the model space viewport.

Message 4 of 6
elaine3051
in reply to: Pointdump

I have never used the new viewport freeze but it did show as frozen. Makes no sense if it's a freeze for a viewport that it effects paperspace.Now I will have to figure out what the point is and see if can ever use it in my work. Thanks

Message 5 of 6
Pointdump

Elaine,

The "New VP Freeze" setting has no effect on whether the layer is frozen/thawed or on/off in Model or Current Layout. It only affects that layer in a newly created Layout. Have you checked the "New VP Freeze" column in Layer Properties Manager?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 6 of 6
Pointdump

Elaine,

Looks like we posted replies at the same time. I haven't ever needed New VP Freeze, and you might not ever need it, but you never know when an obscure command like that will come in handy.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report