Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewport frame missing/ viewport frame disapeared

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Lyonstp
26856 Views, 9 Replies

viewport frame missing/ viewport frame disapeared

I have a plan and profile sheet set up with two viewports in it. Somehow one of the viewport's frame disapeared and I don't know how to get it back. Since it is not showing I can't click on the viewport to unlock it and adjust the view. I also can't delete it. Can someone please help me with this asap! Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
elaine3051
in reply to: Lyonstp

Usually the frame disappears because I have accidently put it on a layer that I have turned off.

Message 3 of 10
Lyonstp

oh DUH! that was it. Thanks!!

Message 4 of 10
elaine3051

LOL. I usually discover when I'm about to kick the computer and my partner in crime reminds me to check.

Message 5 of 10
ramcharger318

I was trying to find a solution to my missing viewport boundary and found out that if you used vpclip to redefine the boundary and deleted the polyline, your viewport doesn't show the boundary.  You can maximize the viewport and then minimize it to restore the boundary.

Message 6 of 10
agendahispana
Message 7 of 10
zt78

This also seems to happen to me a lot when I do not edit the viewport using vpedit or changing the layer of the boundary. I am unsure why it happens but I can usually restore the boundary using AMVISIBLE > Unhide > all. Again, I am not sure how it gets hidden in the first place, but if you know you haven't edited the boundary it usually works. 

Message 8 of 10
im.s.carrot
in reply to: zt78

Thank you sooooooo much and huuuuuuuge thumbs up! The UNHIDE command is so useful since I've tried all the other solutions, heartbreaking that nothing works. Same as you, I have no idea how things disappeared at first, neither. But again, thanks a lot for this message, which did save my whole day work!

Message 9 of 10
joeygMZZJD
in reply to: zt78

I've tried this multiple times but it says unknown command i'm workin in Civil 3D 2022 i was just wonderin if you your were workin in another auto cad program or if i just need to type it somewhere else other than the command line

Message 10 of 10
AllenJessup
in reply to: joeygMZZJD

That was a post from 2017 and was the posters only post to the forum. That command comes from AutoCAD Mechanical.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report