Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewable export to PDF not plotting

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
darekpotter
369 Views, 5 Replies

Viewable export to PDF not plotting

Hi everyone.  I have a drawing that contains several layout tabs.  When I export the layout tabs to a PDF they all appear to export correctly - they save to a file and you can open the PDF and view it.  They also all plot successfully to a printer/plotter except one.  I have been dealing with this issue for a while and have looked at many posts to try and find a solution.  The layout tab that will not plot only contains text (all Mtext and all on the same layer). When I try to plot this particular PDF you get an error message.  I have attached the troubled PDF.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DimitarPavlov
in reply to: darekpotter

Hi
Are you saying that when you print this pdf (with the text) the text is not visible? Or it is not visible when you try to print it directly from AutoCAD?
Message 3 of 6
darekpotter
in reply to: DimitarPavlov

Hi. Thank you for the response. I can print the tab directly from AutoCAD. It is just that the PDF will not plot. I can open and view the PDF but it just will not print - it is very strange.
Message 4 of 6
DimitarPavlov

This is maybe the first PDF I have ever seen that is not printing.

Do you have only one way to create .pdfs in AutoCAD? ( I have like three - DWG to PDF.pc3, CutePDF writer , Adobe PDF ). If you have more than one - try with some of the others. 

Other option is to open the .pdf file with Photoshop and resave it there again in .pdf. The error disappears.

Message 5 of 6
wfberry

I can print it just fine with my pdf driver, AcroPlot Pro.

Bill

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Perhaps insterad of "export", you simply PUBLISH to PDF instead? Or PLOT each, using the DWG to PDF.PC3 file.

Your posted PDF is reporting "no page found" when printing it in Adobe Acrobat, which tells me it got corupted during creating, nothing more.
FOXIT Reader, my alternate PDF reader, seems to print it just fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report