Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Frames with multiple alignments

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
coxdatiger
1246 Views, 4 Replies

View Frames with multiple alignments

I am working on a water line replacement job in a residential neighborhood.  Some of the streets are getting the water line replaced and some are not.  I have created an alignment for the water line on the streets that are being replaced.  When I create my view frame group along each alignment, there are some overlapping view frames from different alignments.  I need to create a matchline for these instances.  Does anybody know how to create matchlines for view frames on different alignments?  Or create one view frame group from different alignments?

Thanks.

-Matthew

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: coxdatiger

The match lines are automatically created with you use the Create Sheets tool.  They would then show up in your layout viewport.  I've done this with streets.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
david.zavislan

What you are asking for is not possible.  It appears that the view frames and sheet generation tools are intended for single alignment type projects, like highways.   For alignment networks, you will need to manually create any views, or matchlines where the alignments intersect.  

Manually created matchlines will have to be lines and text, because I am not aware of anyway to create a matchline object outside of a view frame.  It would be nice to have an option to add additional mathclines to a view frame to reference sheets for intersecting alignments.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
zbowling
in reply to: david.zavislan

I know this is an old thread but I'm guessing this is still the case? I am working on a project that has an intersecting road that I would like to have matchlines and view frame groups for as well. I would need three matchlines on the sheet with the intersection. I can't believe something that seems so simple hasn't been addressed. Anyone been able to do this? The only way I've been able to do this is manually create another layout and manually draw matchlines, matchline text, and hatching. Again, I just can't believe this is the way to do it. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. 

Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Map books will do that but has it own set of whoes
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report