AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Reply
*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Posts: 3,638
Registered: ‎11-13-2006
Message 1 of 1 (157 Views)

View frames not centered on alignment?

157 Views, 0 Replies
06-11-2010 08:53 AM

When creating view frames, the default is to center the view frame on the alignment (meaning that an equal amount of plan view is shown above and below the alignment)

 

Is there any way to offset the placement of the view frames because our alignment is not in the center of the area that needs to be shown in plan view. In fact it's at one extreme edge, so about 10% of the plan view is LEFT of the alignment and the remaining 90% is RIGHT of the alignment.

 

I see that you can grip edit the "AeccGripViewFrameCenter" grip and move the entire frame, one at a time, but what about moving all 50 or 100 (or whatever #) view frames an equal amount? Stands to reason that "vertical offset" might be a property listed for a View Frame....

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.