Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Frame Label Issues

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
djamison24
297 Views, 8 Replies

View Frame Label Issues

I have a view frame group as a dref in my drawing.  I'm having issues with the labels of the view frames not being saved.  By default the labels are positioned in the top left corner.  I edit the labels and move them to the bottom center, put them into drag state, and change the style.  I get them to look exactly how I want them, then do a save.  However, when I reopen the drawing the labels are back to their default top left corner.  It is driving me and my coworkers crazy. Anyone know of a solution to this?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DanBabb
in reply to: djamison24

Was there any solution to this issue?

dragged frame label set and saved.JPGdragged frame label wiped out on reopen.JPG

I'm using Civil3d 2016 SP3 and have that exact issue. Is it a system variable?

Message 3 of 9
qnologi
in reply to: DanBabb

Is "north" "not" north on your drawing? (twist)

Try changing the Label Behavior Orientation Reference from "Object" to "View", if you are in a viewport?

qnologi
Message 4 of 9
DanBabb
in reply to: qnologi

The viewport is set to wcs, not rotated. The view frame labels are changed from Basic to Standard style and dragged into position. Drawing is plotted, saved and closed. When I Reopen the file the styles name is the same, but the dragged state is lost as if someone applied the Reset Labels.

Message 5 of 9
DanBabb

if I drag the labels and hit the synchronize the dragged labels will reset as described before. The view frames are data shortcuts.
Message 6 of 9
DanBabb

orientation to view.JPG

I changed the orientation to view, but the dragged state continues to reset when the data shortcut is synchronized.

TOGGLE LABEL PIN.JPG

I tried using the Toggle Label Pin, but that too fails upon synchronizing.

thus far it's only View Frame Labels that have this issue.

Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M

I had never had a need to Dref VFG's so I did some quick tests. I opened an older drawing having premade VFG for a short alignment, created a DataShortcut, started a new drawing, added a Dref for the VFG, dragged the labels, saved, synchronized, and they stayed as I had changed them. Then I changed the style, saved, sync'ed. No change. So I closed the Dref dwg, changed the location of one of the VF's, reopened the Dref dwg, the VF I had changed updated correctly and the labels stayed in their dragged state. So, I'm wondering if the large number of VF's & labels your drawing has may be to blame...otherwise, I don't have any other ideas.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 9
DanBabb
in reply to: Jeff_M

You could have something there as my VFG has 200 sheets and alignment is nearly 35 miles.

I'm open to any suggestions but limited on time. We're near submittal, so recreating alignments and VFG isn't an option. This project is divided into 3 sections. I'm creating a sheet layout drawing for each section. What about promoting the VFG and deleting a third of the view frames in each sheet layout drawing? The file names and sheets won't be changing, so that may work if that is the issue.

Message 9 of 9
DanBabb

That seems to work because there is no synchronizing to screw it up!
Now we need Autodesk to resolve the issue with Dref VFG's.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report