Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Frame Groups

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dedroy03
305 Views, 4 Replies

View Frame Groups

This is my first time using View Frame Groups (VFG) and Creating Sheets from them so sorry if I might sound confused. 

I have multiple drawing that the alignment goes from 0+00 to X+XX station. When I set up the VFG, I request that the stationing starts at X+XX and ends at 0+00 (even though the standard is to start at zero and go to the end number). In the Plan view that is created when I "Create Sheets" from this VFG, the Plan view still show up as the 0+00 on the left(start) instead of the right(end). I tried rotating the VFG 180 degrees,  but it seemed to have no affect on the view. Is there something that I need to change in my .dwt Template file I created so it knows to read the alignment from X to 0 and not 0 to X.

Any help or insight you can offer would be really appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dedroy03
in reply to: dedroy03

Also, when I "Create Sheets" and under the Profile Views section I click, "Align profile and plan view at end" this seems to fix the Plan view problem, but now it creates a problem with the Profile view. 

Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Not at a Wstation but I'm pretty sure in the wizard there is a left to right right to left button, maybe I'm wrong ?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Nope I am Wrong

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
RobertMansson

Regarding the rotation. I also ran in to this problem when I wanted to generate sheets along a pipe network going from north to south (diagonally). In order to save the required numbers of sheets I wanted to rotate each viewframe to "west" to maximize the plan view in each frame.

Turns it this is not possible, it's  just possible to rotate to "north" or along alignment....

Why can't they just let me specify the rotation angle from 0-360 degrees??? Guess they are saving it for later paid upgrades.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report