Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View a cross-section

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
nostupidquestions
516 Views, 6 Replies

View a cross-section

i've got a cross section view of my cul-de-sac. how do i get rid of the vertical lines in the section of the coridor? i've got curbing on the left & right but in the middle where the grade breaks there are unnecessary vertical lines. section.JPG

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nostupidquestions

You must change the frequency of the corridor to a smaller length (distance).

The cross sections is a section in corridor and the corridor is made by triangulation. So if you intercept more triangles, you will have more points of grade breaks => unnecessary vertical lines.

Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

I have the same issue with cul-de-sac's and increasing the frequency only makes the lines and resulting corridor top surface much worse.

(It also increases file size over 700kb just for the cul-de-sac itself).

My guess is that it has to do with the fact that there is no true companion corridor frequency line matching the sample line left to right.

(when sample lines are perpendicular to alignment.)

I'm also Curious to see if anyone has a trick to get rid of the extra vertical lines.

Using 2' frequency along curves:

cul_xs.PNGcul.PNG

Cross section Using 0.5' frequency along curves:

cul xs 5.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7
nostupidquestions
in reply to: Jay_B

bump.

my engineer is having heartburn over this.

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 5 of 7
Jay_B

The only way I'm aware of is to mask the lines or Export to AutoCad (once design is complete) and delete the unwanted lines.

QSELECT by line segment length helps to expedite this very tedious cleanup.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 7

This "should" be possible. Create a code set style where those links either do not display at all or are on a no-plot layer.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 7

thanks. i've not gotten into code set styles to hide links and such. i've looked into it but i can't figure out where to begin. i'm guessing there is a link that runs vertically for the base, sub base & pavement but the subassembly doesn't say what number they are. i can't find in the settings where i would even begin to flip them off or on. 

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report