Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very weird linetype problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
emelv
907 Views, 3 Replies

Very weird linetype problem

I have a linetype which i use for over head electricity. It usually come up with the text OH/E dotted all the way along the line. When i use this linetype, and other similar linetypes, Tesltra, watermain etc, the letters are all squashed together and slightly offset from the line. It looks similar to the problem created with tese linetypes when the line is on a slope. I have already checked that this is not the problem. I have tried wblock the whole drawing into a new drawing, without these lines then drawing them in again after having reloaded the linetypes but same problem. It seems to me that there are some built in settings in the lines of the drawing that are being applied This is not a scale problem either. I have tried changing all the properties with no success. I have attahced a screen shot showing the problem.  Has anyone come across this problem before? Any solutions out there? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: emelv

How is your linetype defined?  Do you have it set to use a Text Style that has Height = 0?  If not, try that.

Otherwise, it would be helpful to post a drawing that contains the linetype.  That eliminates the guessing game.

Sinc
Message 3 of 4
nbrimer
in reply to: Sinc

most line types are based off a shape file or text shape style just make sure in your line type deffinition file what is defining that line type whether it's text or a shape file and if it says a text style just make sure that style hasn't changed

Message 4 of 4
emelv
in reply to: emelv

Thanks for the help guys text style height was set to 25. Doh.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report