Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
gjcbachman
6728 Views, 7 Replies

Very Slow Drawing

I have a drawing that was working fine yesterday but today every Civil 3D command takes several minutes (3 or more).  I have two very small surfaces and two cross sections.  I deleted 3 grading objects that I was using, hoping that would help but no luck.  I've run audit and recover, audit found some errors it fixed but recover didn't find any.  I have shut down and rebooted.  I just tested a similar drawing and it works fine.  If I can't figure this out I will have to start this drawing over.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rob.howell
in reply to: gjcbachman

I would also take a look at your temp directory and see how much data is in there and clean it out. That can have a direct effect on performance.

Other than that it is what you have already done:

Shut down.... re-start

Purge

Audit.

Message 3 of 8
gjcbachman
in reply to: rob.howell

I was able to restore an earlier version (thanks to our IT dept.) from noon yesterday and the file is fine.  I'll have to make sure everything I did after noon is done again and hopefully the drawing won't get corrupted again.  The only thing I can figure out is that I crashed and used the recover drawing (did a saveas over original, which I won't do again) and that it was corrupted.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 4 of 8
gjcbachman

Well so much for the noon drawing being ok.  As soon as I added my two section sample lines it got slow again.  Is there a problem with making section sample lines that cross?  They are attached to an alignment and drawn freehand and don't really have anything to do with that alignment.  This is just a very small site grading plan.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 5 of 8
rob.howell

There should be no issues with what you are attempting. Crossing section lines are fine. What is your file size?

You have covered the major items for addressing this problem and beyond that I am out of ideas?

Message 6 of 8
gjcbachman
in reply to: rob.howell

The drawing is just under 3 MB.  It is the cross section sample lines, as soon as I make them the drawing gets slow, as soon as I delete them it's back to normal.

Lisa
Windows 10 Pro x 64 bit
Intel Xeon CPU @ 3.8 GHz
32 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro P2200
Civil 3D 2020
Message 7 of 8
rjairath

same problem here have 10 sample lines.. with sample line drawing takes a long time to load 5+ mins the file size is only 3 MB

Thank you for reading,

Win7 64bit Pro
Xeon E5-1620 v2, 3.70GHz, 32GB Ram

Please mark solution found if this post solved your issue or give kudos when appropriate.

Message 8 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: rjairath

Unplug the network cable, and try again...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report