Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Profiles - Please help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
trynders
378 Views, 5 Replies

Vertical Profiles - Please help!

Hi all,

Using Civil 3D 2010, I have a vertical profile with a grade break tagging the station and elevation.  To avoid overlapping other text, I dragged it to below with a leader.  (see Part 1.pdf)  This profile is in model space in world coordiantes.  If I either x-ref this drawings into my output sheet, or just even switch to paper space in the current drawing, and make a viewport, my text returns to the original location.  (see Part 2.pdf).   Switch back to model space and it is back horizontal.  What gives?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: trynders

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Dontcha just love that new IE9?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jeff_M

Ahh, not yet. Perhaps I overlooked a setting for the invisible fonts in IE9. 🙂

I did ask the OP to see if the styles were the same in both dwg's. I wouldn't expect this to be an issue but I would start my debugging process there especially after seeing your response to his other  question about profile labels.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
trynders
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I fould the problem yesterday.  I edited my label style and changed under the general tab one of the plan readability values.  I was going to look for it today to let you all know what it was, but now when i change values in there, I cant seem to make it mess up.  Maybe C3D needed a nap last night.  Anyway, Whats the talk about IE9?  I also have C3D2011 and have been told that 2011 is more stable.  Agree?

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: trynders

IE9 has problems posting to the forums, which is why John's first reply to you was blank.

For me, 2011 had more issues than I cared to deal with so have remained on 2010 until recently when I moved one of my projects to 2012. So far I haven't experienced anything to stop me from using 2012, other than backwards compatability. 2010, for me, has been a fairly reliable and stable product, more so since I started using a 64 bit OS (first Vista, now Win7).

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report