AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
snowdrop
Message 1 of 6 (99 Views)

Vertical geometry tangents cut down by curves ?

99 Views, 5 Replies
11-19-2004 12:16 AM
In profiles, when creating vertical geometry is there a way that tangents are not cut when inserting vertical curves ? I would to put labels describing the original tangent segments e.g their length.
*Don Reichle
Message 2 of 6 (99 Views)

Re: Vertical geometry tangents cut down by curves ?

11-19-2004 07:31 AM in reply to: snowdrop
Seems like an oppurtunity to create a new Style and take advantage of a formula to subtract the PVI station from the End BVC station, through a Field. Caveat: I've not tried this myself (not having the need), but have read between the lines in other's posts. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" "snowdrop" wrote in message news:30599248.1100852231111.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > In profiles, when creating vertical geometry is there a way that tangents > are not cut when inserting vertical curves ? I would to put labels > describing the original tangent segments e.g their length.
Contributor
snowdrop
Message 3 of 6 (99 Views)

11-21-2004 11:35 PM in reply to: snowdrop
Is it possible to use formulas, inside layout of styles ?
I tried it but had no luck. It seems like formulas are treated as text labels. Does anybody know how to do it ?
*James Wedding
Message 4 of 6 (99 Views)

11-22-2004 05:40 AM in reply to: snowdrop
I've voted for the ability to directly edit the label object data components, and I think the math would have to happen there. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
*Don Reichle
Message 5 of 6 (99 Views)

11-22-2004 06:47 AM in reply to: snowdrop
Hello Doctor; I'll take it by your response that there's no ability at the moment to do this? I must have been thinking of the ability of Sheet Manager to perform tasks like this. And it will probably take the 2006 release to get that included into C3D. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41a1ec36$1_2@newsprd01... > I've voted for the ability to directly edit the label object data > components, and I think the math would have to happen there. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D2005 >
*James Wedding
Message 6 of 6 (99 Views)

11-22-2004 07:02 AM in reply to: snowdrop
Right now, you can't edit the data tags directly. This is why you have to replace the information instead of just editing the tag info directly when you just want to change the decimal accuracy. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.