Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical geometry tangents cut down by curves ?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
snowdrop
189 Views, 5 Replies

Vertical geometry tangents cut down by curves ?

In profiles, when creating vertical geometry is there a way that tangents are not cut when inserting vertical curves ? I would to put labels describing the original tangent segments e.g their length.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: snowdrop

Seems like an oppurtunity to create a new Style and take advantage of a formula to subtract the PVI station from the End BVC station, through a Field. Caveat: I've not tried this myself (not having the need), but have read between the lines in other's posts. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" "snowdrop" wrote in message news:30599248.1100852231111.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > In profiles, when creating vertical geometry is there a way that tangents > are not cut when inserting vertical curves ? I would to put labels > describing the original tangent segments e.g their length.
Message 3 of 6
snowdrop

Is it possible to use formulas, inside layout of styles ?
I tried it but had no luck. It seems like formulas are treated as text labels. Does anybody know how to do it ?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I've voted for the ability to directly edit the label object data components, and I think the math would have to happen there. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hello Doctor; I'll take it by your response that there's no ability at the moment to do this? I must have been thinking of the ability of Sheet Manager to perform tasks like this. And it will probably take the 2006 release to get that included into C3D. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" "James Wedding" wrote in message news:41a1ec36$1_2@newsprd01... > I've voted for the ability to directly edit the label object data > components, and I think the math would have to happen there. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D2005 >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Right now, you can't edit the data tags directly. This is why you have to replace the information instead of just editing the tag info directly when you just want to change the decimal accuracy. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report