Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Curves and bands in a profile

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rwhip12
545 Views, 6 Replies

Vertical Curves and bands in a profile

So....I'd like to have my verical curve elevations show up in my band at 25' intervals and the remaining portion of the profile (tangents) show up as 50' intervals.  .  Currently, my band is set up for 50' intervals for tangents but a certain town's requirement is that all vertical curve elevations be shown at 25' intervals.

Help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ewatson
in reply to: rwhip12

I'm up against the same problem... Posts I've read from 2009 basicaly say "no can do"... that was 5 years ago.  Has this been resolved?

Message 3 of 7
mathewkol

I'm not sitting at my computer, but I'm pretty sure this is possible. Create 2 band styles; one for just tangents, the other for curves. Add both bands, setting the frequency as you wish. Set the gap for the lower band as a negative number so they overlap, appearing as a single band.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 7
rwhip12
in reply to: mathewkol

Ooh. Good idea. I'm going to try it when I get back to my desk. Thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 5 of 7
mathewkol

Uhg, I'm trying to do this now....and I can't see the option I thought there was.  Sorry, I can't see a way to make this happen easily.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 7
ewatson
in reply to: mathewkol

Yeah.  I tried this out as well.  No dice.  I think my only option here is to either show ALL 25' elevations, or make a 2nd band at 25' and *gasp* explode it and copy over the text into the profile view for those spots with vertical curves.  

Message 7 of 7
beliefs

year

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report