AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
paul.m.graf
Message 1 of 2 (140 Views)

Vertical Curve Table

140 Views, 1 Replies
01-26-2014 08:09 AM

The project I am working on requires that I tag label the vertical curves on a profile and create a table as show on the attached pdf. Civil 3d apparently does not allow this for profile layouts, only for horizontal alignments.

The only way I can think of doing this is use the reports manager to generate a report and then convert that to a autocad table, but am at loss on how to create a custom report. I have been unable to find any tutorials that go into any great depth on how to create custom report.

Maybe there is another way of doing this?

Paul

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 2 of 2 (115 Views)

Re: Vertical Curve Table

01-26-2014 11:53 AM in reply to: paul.m.graf

Some of the components of your table (arc length, chord length, etc.) do not exist in Civil3d profiles.  It might be possible to calculate them but you should keep in mind that all stationing and lengths are measured in a horizontal plane, not in 3d.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!