Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Curve Labels

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
trynders
458 Views, 7 Replies

Vertical Curve Labels

I'm trying to set up some standard styles for my office for c3d2007. My sag vertical curve arrows labels are solid and my crest vertical curve arrow labels are hollow. Can somebody tell me where I can change that style so the are both solid. Also I would like the extension line to go above the arrows a bit. Is that a style also?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mmccall
in reply to: trynders

You've got two vertical curve label styles being used here. One for sags and one for crests. Edit your crest vertical curve style. Look for the two block components that represent the arrows. These components will reference the block being used for the arrow. Change them to match the sag style.

and remember to fix this in your template file as well.
Message 3 of 8
trynders

is there a way to only label the high or low point if it falls in the middle of the curve. So it doesn't label the high point which is actually the same as the pvc? also can it put a tick at the high and low points like LDT?
Message 4 of 8
Cliff Patterson

You can have one style to label vertical curves which will only label the High or Low Points if they exist.

In my style I use two Line Components, one called Lowpt Line the other Highpt Line. These two components are anchored to the Low point or High point. The text for the high or low point is anchored to it's respective Line component.

If the curve does not have a high or low point the lines will not be created and the text will not be created.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Xeon 2.80 Ghz, 2.0 GB Ram
Message 5 of 8
jwedding

http://www.civil3d.com/index.php/2006/08/take-my-styleplease/

You'll have to be logged in, but there's a prebuilt version at that link.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com
Message 6 of 8
trynders

Hey Cliff...
I tried what you said and it kind of worked but I have something messed up. If my sag curve has no low point "in the curve" it puts the low point at either the pvc or pvt. Any more advice?
Message 7 of 8
Cliff Patterson

I have a style that works for me. Attached is a drawing file with the Profile Curve Label Style - Vertical Curves - which is set up to label low point or high point if it exists in the curve.

I generally use Symmetric Parabola curves on my profiles. I haven't tested with other types of curves. Other types of curves may return a low/high point station at the beginning or end of the curve, which would kick in the line & text for the low or high.

Let me know if it works ok for you. I have also created child styles of this style for the times where the low or high is close to the beginning or end of the curve.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Xeon 2.80 Ghz, 2.0 GB Ram
Message 8 of 8
trynders

Thanks a bunch... I'll take a look at it. In the mean time, I figured something out. I had attached my text to the dimension line and not the "high point line". So the text was staying their. when I attached the text to the "line" and stretched the profile, the text disappeared. I thought I would put the text up on the dimension line, like LDT, in case the low/high point fell to close to the pvc or pvt. I need to read up on "child styles"

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report