Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Curve labels -- flipping problems

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
litstalker
3802 Views, 11 Replies

Vertical Curve labels -- flipping problems

I am having a lot of problems with my vertical curve labels. I created a style that shows the length of the vertical curve, the k-value, the end and start elevations, and the elevation and station of the PVI, as shown. My problems are the fact that when I want to flip a label, they all flip (shown in the second picture). I also have noticed that there is only one drag point. Is this a setting that I unknowingly edited, or is it possible to flip labels individually?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
klugb
in reply to: litstalker

Hold down the "CTRL" key then select just the label you want to change.

Bruce
Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 12
litstalker

That works for my grade labels, but not for the vertical curve labes, unfortunately; they still flip all together. Thanks for the help, though!

Message 4 of 12
klugb

So you want both flipped on one curve only, right?

When you use the "flip" it is only the labels but the anchor should do what you want.

Make sure to hold "CTRL" before selecting.

http://screencast.com/t/lWetH4XNi3

Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Message 5 of 12
litstalker
in reply to: klugb

Thanks, that did help. It didn't occur to me to try moving the anchor point too.

Message 6 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: klugb

Bruce,

We're in the process of some styles updates & one of the items I need to fix is the flip functionality in our VC Sag & Crest Pfl label styles. I came accross this video and the style used is doing exactly what we're trying to set up as far as the curve text flipping in same relationship to the dimension line along with the diamond grip flippig along with label. I can get everything except the relationship to the dim line is always above or below the original relationship to dim line. Ie: If curve text started above dim line when flipped it moves to below dim line.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the style used so i can compare & try to get our label flipping as your's does?

Assuming one or more of our anchors etc. within the stye is a little buggered up. I've looked at the "out of the box ones" and several others & none behave quite as nice as shown.....

Thanks in advance,

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 12
klugb
in reply to: Jay_B

Sure, do you need 2012 or 2013?

Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Message 8 of 12
Jay_B

Bruce,

We're using 2012.

if you'd like me to send you an email you can reply to I still have your email from a previous post you helped me out with.

Thanks!

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 12
klugb

I don't mind posting it, I used a lot of other templates to steal ideas from when setting up ours.

Bruce Klug, P.E.
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Message 10 of 12
Jay_B

Thanks Bruce.

The help is Very much appreciated!

Jay

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 11 of 12
civ_engineer

You can also <ctrl> select the label and select the "Below" option under properties... "Anchor Dimension Option".  I do this and then switch to a style I have setup for labels below.

Message 12 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: civ_engineer

Civ_Engineer,

That's what I ended up doing, Bruce's video showing the anchor to below & many of the settings within the curve label style in his dwt & then I created a flipped or below profile crve labels & what this add's is I'm able to use Lt instead of Rt Justifed text for below option. Additionally I was able to keep the relationship of the curve text to the end points of the Begin / End lines as in caption.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report