Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Curve Label - shifting BVC and EVC markers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jon_b
1427 Views, 4 Replies

Vertical Curve Label - shifting BVC and EVC markers

Is there a way to shift the BVC and EVC markers while retaining a leader to their proper location instead of the PVI for the curve?  I tried separating them out into different styles but can't figure out how to change their anchor point.

I've attached some screenshots of what I'm trying to do and I'm using Civil 3D2014.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: jon_b

Yes. It's all in the Anchors:

4-10-2014 1-20-55 PM.png

Post your drawing if you want some specific help with your style.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
jon_b
in reply to: Jeff_M

I've attached part of the drawing as the original file without surface references is over 30 MB.  For troubleshooting purposes I have the crest curves using 3 separate styles while the sag curves use a single style.

I was also mistaken about the drawing being 2014, it is still in 2012 as other people on the project haven't migrated over yet.

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: jon_b

Oops, looks like I misinterpreted you original question. You need the dragged state labels to behave in that manner. Unfortunately there is no way to tell the leader to go anywhere but the PVI. What you can do is create a style that has the 'leader' built in, which is what I did in the style I showed in my post. Then you could swap out the label style as needed by using CTRL-Pick. Not ideal but better than pointing at the pvi.

4-10-2014 2-52-38 PM.png

For this I created a Child style, added a 10mm line at 30 degrees. Changed the anchor for the original line to be the end of the new line and set the angle for it to 60 degrees. I also shortened this line to 25 mm.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
jon_b
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yes, I should have specified that I wanted it for the dragged state labels but that doesn't appear feasible. Between swapping the style for the flared-out version with CTRL-click and flipping the labels I should be able to get through the bumpier sections.

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report