AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

jgroendyk
Message 1 of 3 (104 Views)

Vertical Curve Dimension Line

104 Views, 2 Replies
03-22-2005 12:48 PM
While editing the label styles for my vertical curves (all 4 of them) I'm unable to get arrowheads to appear on the ends of the dimension line, which dimensions the curve length. While I understand this isn't a true dimension, can someone help me make it appear as a dimension with the arrowheads at the curve start and end? Also, is there a way to embed the dimension text (curve length) in the dimension line as opposed to a "y" offset above or below the line?

Thanks,

Jason
*James Wedding
Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Vertical Curve Dimension Line

03-22-2005 01:28 PM in reply to: jgroendyk
You need to add the arrow heads as block components, and attach them to the dim lines. I believe that the dwt that shipped with the product had decent examples of this technique. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager & Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005SP1 & C3D2005SP1
jgroendyk
Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Vertical Curve Dimension Line

03-22-2005 02:39 PM in reply to: jgroendyk
Thanks, I did figure it out with your suggestion and searching through enough tutorial drawings.

Jason Groendyk, P.E.
G & H Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Granby, CO
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.