AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Projeinfra
Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vertical Circular Curve on Profile

350 Views, 2 Replies
11-12-2012 11:18 AM

Seems like a bug on Autocad Civil 3D 2013. I followed all the tutorials to design a circular vertical curve on a profile and it just dont work. I put circular on settings, click on circular curve by PVI button, the software even ask the radius and it end up designing a parabollic curve. Could someone please help me?

Cheers

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 3 (344 Views)

Re: Vertical Circular Curve on Profile

11-12-2012 12:00 PM in reply to: Projeinfra

I just tried it and it worked just fine for me. Is that it "looks" like a parabola? Because most likely your profile view has a vertical exageration to it. Set the exageration to1 in the profile view style and check it again. After doing that, draw a 3 point circle on the profile and see if they are the same.

http://screencast.com/t/36u90XxvITeg 

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Projeinfra
Message 3 of 3 (301 Views)

Re: Vertical Circular Curve on Profile

11-13-2012 09:09 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for your kind support!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.