AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Projeinfra
Message 1 of 3 (382 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vertical Circular Curve on Profile

382 Views, 2 Replies
11-12-2012 11:18 AM

Seems like a bug on Autocad Civil 3D 2013. I followed all the tutorials to design a circular vertical curve on a profile and it just dont work. I put circular on settings, click on circular curve by PVI button, the software even ask the radius and it end up designing a parabollic curve. Could someone please help me?

Cheers

I just tried it and it worked just fine for me. Is that it "looks" like a parabola? Because most likely your profile view has a vertical exageration to it. Set the exageration to1 in the profile view style and check it again. After doing that, draw a 3 point circle on the profile and see if they are the same.

http://screencast.com/t/36u90XxvITeg 

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 3 (376 Views)

Re: Vertical Circular Curve on Profile

11-12-2012 12:00 PM in reply to: Projeinfra

I just tried it and it worked just fine for me. Is that it "looks" like a parabola? Because most likely your profile view has a vertical exageration to it. Set the exageration to1 in the profile view style and check it again. After doing that, draw a 3 point circle on the profile and see if they are the same.

http://screencast.com/t/36u90XxvITeg 

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
Projeinfra
Message 3 of 3 (333 Views)

Re: Vertical Circular Curve on Profile

11-13-2012 09:09 AM in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for your kind support!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!