Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verge/Sod feature line problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
gavin.roddy
720 Views, 6 Replies

Verge/Sod feature line problem

I am hoping someone else has encountered this but I've searched and came up with nothing.

We have a road model created with a couple of side roads and junctions. The main road has a simple 6m wide assembly with verge and earthworks. The problem only occurs on my computer where the verge feature line seems to be replaced with a feature line called sod and therefore the verge line and subsequent tadpoles do not show up in the plan view. The weird thing about this is that the verge line and tadpoles show up on the side roads just not on the main road.

Can anyone shed any light on this.

C3D 2013.

Thanks

Gavin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: gavin.roddy

Is the same "Code Set Style" being applied to all roads?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
palabalo
in reply to: Jay_B

Make Sure the feature line is set in the corridor properties, Set feature lines you dont want to see to no display and make sure you see the ones you do.  My code set style wont change the feature lines in the corridor properties, feature lines tab

gavin.roddy
in reply to: palabalo

I haven't done anything in relation to the feature lines etc as the model was creating on another computer. I've checked it on two other machines and it's fine. The problem is only on my computer which seems a bit weird as I shouldn't have anything set up that would override the original settings.
I've also just done a reinstall and it hasnt worked.
Message 5 of 7
gavin.roddy

The problem is with the code set styles. We modified the basic 'plan view' code set style so that the plan view is as we require it to look. On each of the other computers there is 'verge' shown but on my machine it has been automatically renamed to 'sod'. I've now done a full uninstall and reinstall and still the 'verge' is being renamed to 'sod'. Is there a physical location where the code sets styles are saved or do they run in the background??
Thanks
Gavin
Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

The Code Set Style is simply a style that's stored within the drawing or dwt.

Open the drawing that's not showing your code set properly and also open a drawing that contains the "modified the basic 'plan view' code set style".

Set the incorrect drawing as the current window (switch window command) on view tab.

Got to Settings Tab of Toolspace>change the view at top to "Master View", (it's likely on Drawing settings view)>General>Multipurpose Styles>Code Set Styles>Drag and drop the basic 'plan view' code set style onto your screen.

This will overwrite the code set in the current drawing and now the drawings should both contain the updated code set.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
gavin.roddy
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks for your reply Jay.
I forgot to reinstall the country pack, which I did after I posted, and this fixed the problem.
Gavin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report