Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Intermediate Labels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jsears
157 Views, 2 Replies

VC Intermediate Labels

My office just bought C3D a couple weeks ago, and the task of developing standard styles has fallen on me. I have been able to make considerable progress by using the discussion group archives. I have not yet found the answer to this question, however. I am using bands to label my proposed geometry in a profile because it is our convention to label everything along the bottom axis of the profile view. The regulating authorities require that the profile elevation be called out on twenty-five foot intervals in vertical curves. I have not found a way to label the twenty-five and seventy-five foot stations in my vertical curve. As far as i can tell, it is not possible to create a child style for a single label in a band. I also have not discovered a way to label the MO in a VC either. If anyone has any pointers or suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Jeff Sears, EIT
GEES Inc.
Ponder, TX
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jsears

Jeff, your requirement is currently not supported in the bands. However, this is a good suggestion and we will work it into future planning. (Including the missiing MO property field). There is a way to get it done in Civil 3D but it is not a very elegant work-around. You can label major stations on your profiles. This labeling will let you to set different major station labels at different station ranges (and increments) on the profile. However, you will have to set the beginining station and ending station for the vertical curve on the profile labels dialog. To get to this dialog, select the profile, right click, Edit Labels. On that dialog you can set the station range for the major station label - and you can add station labels for multiple ranges. You can also set an "absolute" elevation for the label in the Profile View. However, if you edit the Profile, the vertical curve stations (on the label dialog) will not update accordingly. Dan Philbrick Autodesk, Inc. "jsears" wrote in message news:28454488.1102454376761.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > My office just bought C3D a couple weeks ago, and the task of developing standard styles has fallen on me. I have been able to make considerable progress by using the discussion group archives. I have not yet found the answer to this question, however. I am using bands to label my proposed geometry in a profile because it is our convention to label everything along the bottom axis of the profile view. The regulating authorities require that the profile elevation be called out on twenty-five foot intervals in vertical curves. I have not found a way to label the twenty-five and seventy-five foot stations in my vertical curve. As far as i can tell, it is not possible to create a child style for a single label in a band. I also have not discovered a way to label the MO in a VC either. If anyone has any pointers or suggestions, I would appreciate it. > > Jeff Sears, EIT > GEES Inc. > Ponder, TX
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jsears

As a workaround, it's relatively simple to create a label style that will accomplish what we need in Texas. Change the dragged state to not display a leader and place the vertical label in the profile view where necessary. I ran into another issue with this in that we can't currently snap to the PI of a vertical curve to draw a vertical line to the bottom of the profile band. sm -- Scott McEachron The D.C. CADD Company - Dallas "Daniel Philbrick" wrote in message news:41b87882$1_2@newsprd01... > Jeff, > > your requirement is currently not supported in the bands. However, this > is > a good suggestion and we will work it into future planning. (Including > the > missiing MO property field). > > There is a way to get it done in Civil 3D but it is not a very elegant > work-around. You can label major stations on your profiles. This > labeling > will let you to set different major station labels at different station > ranges (and increments) on the profile. However, you will have to set > the > beginining station and ending station for the vertical curve on the > profile > labels dialog. To get to this dialog, select the profile, right click, > Edit > Labels. On that dialog you can set the station range for the major > station > label - and you can add station labels for multiple ranges. You can also > set an "absolute" elevation for the label in the Profile View. However, > if > you edit the Profile, the vertical curve stations (on the label dialog) > will > not update accordingly. > > Dan Philbrick > Autodesk, Inc. > > "jsears" wrote in message > news:28454488.1102454376761.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >> My office just bought C3D a couple weeks ago, and the task of developing > standard styles has fallen on me. I have been able to make considerable > progress by using the discussion group archives. I have not yet found the > answer to this question, however. I am using bands to label my proposed > geometry in a profile because it is our convention to label everything > along > the bottom axis of the profile view. The regulating authorities require > that the profile elevation be called out on twenty-five foot intervals in > vertical curves. I have not found a way to label the twenty-five and > seventy-five foot stations in my vertical curve. As far as i can tell, it > is not possible to create a child style for a single label in a band. I > also have not discovered a way to label the MO in a VC either. If anyone > has any pointers or suggestions, I would appreciate it. >> >> Jeff Sears, EIT >> GEES Inc. >> Ponder, TX > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report