Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Installation Issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
196 Views, 2 Replies

Vault Installation Issue

When attempting to install Vault server on my machine there is an issue with MSXML6 and the error...

This installation is forbidden by system policy

I have hacked the system.ini file so it does not check for msxml6 as a prerequsite but when it gets to the install where SQL Server Express installs it fails for the same reason. I have installed the SQLServer express from Microsoft download first but install still tries to check for it and install it and it then fails again.
Very frustrated with this. I do not try to install from deployment image , I have copied DVD locally , then hacked setup.ini . The hangup is MSXML6 and SQL Server express.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nmonroe
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same issue with nsxml6 and DWG True View 2008. I downloaded it directly from Microsoft and that will not install either. This is on a Compaq nw8440 with XP pro.
See attached Jpg of error messages. i get the top one first, then the bottom one after I hit OK.

I have installed this about 30 times in the last few months. I can not figure out what is blocking this.

-Nick
Message 3 of 3
nmonroe
in reply to: Anonymous

It always happens this way - post and 30 seconds later you find the answer.

Try launcing the msi directly. It works for true view at least.

-Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report