AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

anthonytillemans
Message 11 of 12 (206 Views)

Re: Varying Height Retaining Wall

02-06-2013 02:13 PM in reply to: fcernst

I tried the RetainWallToLowSide subassembly and ran it through the corridor, but I'm still having trouble burying the bottom of the wall deep enough below the design profile. 

I have attached another image illustrating an example of a problem area at a station along the alignment. As you can see, the bottom of the retaining wall isn't deep enough and protrudes out of the slope. I want it to be buried deep enough so that there exists the 5' horizontal cover from the bottom of the wall outwards.

*Pro
fcernst
Message 12 of 12 (173 Views)

Re: Varying Height Retaining Wall

02-07-2013 05:16 AM in reply to: anthonytillemans

It got flipped on you because you went into a little bit of Cut on that side.  You could use a Conditional Cut/Fill on that side  and control the Side parameter for this wall Subassembly on this steep slope side. If you flip the Side parameter and specify an appropriate Footing Cover everything should look reasonable.

If you really want that 5' offset footing cover/depth, I think you're going to have to go SAC on it, because the footing cover for this SA will not  take an elevation.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2015 SP2
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.