Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable height conc median barrier

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
235 Views, 9 Replies

variable height conc median barrier

when superelevating 2 roadways separated by conc. median barrier it is nessessary to have a variable height barrier - how can I do this Thank you ! Chris
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think you'll have to pick a couple of typical heights, and change your barrier's properties accordingly by station. It won't be perfect obviously. You might be able to hack the median subassembly via the VBA code and add an attachment point at the top CL, but it's not something I've tried yet. Sounds like a good idea though! -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

So you can't add a profile to a transition point like LDT? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4199ff5d$1_3@newsprd01... >I think you'll have to pick a couple of typical heights, and change your >barrier's properties accordingly by station. It won't be perfect obviously. >You might be able to hack the median subassembly via the VBA code and add >an attachment point at the top CL, but it's not something I've tried yet. >Sounds like a good idea though! > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! >
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I'm not sure how the transition point would work on that particular item. Each of the subassemblies (the prebuilt ones at least,) have their own intelligence. I haven't tried essentially stretching a median vertically as the base followed one VA and the top another. Since the median is defined as a static piece of geometry, you'd have to figure out some way to tell it which link is stretching vertically, the foot, or the divider itself. Seems like it can be done, you just may have to modify the VBA definition of the median subassembly. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

So one more set of commands to learn, eh? VBA, that is. Do I just dive right in? Or are there any good learning tools available? -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "James Wedding" wrote in message news:419a146f_1@newsprd01... > I'm not sure how the transition point would work on that particular item. > Each of the subassemblies (the prebuilt ones at least,) have their own > intelligence. I haven't tried essentially stretching a median vertically > as the base followed one VA and the top another. Since the median is > defined as a static piece of geometry, you'd have to figure out some way > to tell it which link is stretching vertically, the foot, or the divider > itself. > > Seems like it can be done, you just may have to modify the VBA definition > of the median subassembly. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > Technology Manager > Associate > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2005+C3D > http://au.autodesk.com > Sign up now for AU2004! >
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Hey Don, Check out www.afralisp.com. There are some good tutorials there. That's where I got my start. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:419a19f7$1_2@newsprd01... > So one more set of commands to learn, eh? VBA, that is. > > Do I just dive right in? Or are there any good learning tools available? > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:419a146f_1@newsprd01... >> I'm not sure how the transition point would work on that particular item. >> Each of the subassemblies (the prebuilt ones at least,) have their own >> intelligence. I haven't tried essentially stretching a median vertically >> as the base followed one VA and the top another. Since the median is >> defined as a static piece of geometry, you'd have to figure out some way >> to tell it which link is stretching vertically, the foot, or the divider >> itself. >> >> Seems like it can be done, you just may have to modify the VBA definition >> of the median subassembly. >> >> -- >> James Wedding, P.E. >> Technology Manager >> Associate >> Jones & Boyd, Inc. >> Dallas, TX >> XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G >> LDT2005+C3D >> http://au.autodesk.com >> Sign up now for AU2004! >> > >
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks, Brian. I was going to make a joke re. first day of VBA school, i.e. what's more appropriate to bring for the VBA teacher, an apple or a worm, but according to Ms. Brown, "Das ist Verboten!" :-) -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D 2004 SP1 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:419a1ad5$1_3@newsprd01... > Hey Don, > > Check out www.afralisp.com. There are some good tutorials there. That's > where I got my start. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "Don Reichle" wrote in message > news:419a19f7$1_2@newsprd01... >> So one more set of commands to learn, eh? VBA, that is. >> >> Do I just dive right in? Or are there any good learning tools available? >> >> -- >> Don Reichle >> Hacker Engineering, Inc. >> "King of Work-Arounds" >> LDT & CD 2004 >> C3D 2004 SP1 >> On HP Pavilion a367c >> 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM >> XP PRO - SP2 >> >> >> "James Wedding" wrote in message >> news:419a146f_1@newsprd01... >>> I'm not sure how the transition point would work on that particular >>> item. Each of the subassemblies (the prebuilt ones at least,) have their >>> own intelligence. I haven't tried essentially stretching a median >>> vertically as the base followed one VA and the top another. Since the >>> median is defined as a static piece of geometry, you'd have to figure >>> out some way to tell it which link is stretching vertically, the foot, >>> or the divider itself. >>> >>> Seems like it can be done, you just may have to modify the VBA >>> definition of the median subassembly. >>> >>> -- >>> James Wedding, P.E. >>> Technology Manager >>> Associate >>> Jones & Boyd, Inc. >>> Dallas, TX >>> XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G >>> LDT2005+C3D >>> http://au.autodesk.com >>> Sign up now for AU2004! >>> >> >> > >
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

hey all - thanks for the suggestions.....uh...vba you say.... Ive dabbeled in vba , even created some usefull tools, but this kids LOST! what item am i editing? where would i find it? (where do I find the energy to attempt sush a task - ha!) next question: where can i find info to help me to create new subassemblies? thank you ! chris "Don Reichle" wrote in message news:419a1fff$1_3@newsprd01... > Thanks, Brian. > > I was going to make a joke re. first day of VBA school, i.e. what's more > appropriate to bring for the VBA teacher, an apple or a worm, but > according to Ms. Brown, "Das ist Verboten!" :-) > > -- > Don Reichle > Hacker Engineering, Inc. > "King of Work-Arounds" > LDT & CD 2004 > C3D 2004 SP1 > On HP Pavilion a367c > 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM > XP PRO - SP2 > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:419a1ad5$1_3@newsprd01... >> Hey Don, >> >> Check out www.afralisp.com. There are some good tutorials there. That's >> where I got my start. >> >> -- >> Brian Hailey >> LDT2005 >> C3D2005 >> XP Pro - SP 2 >> P4 2.8GHz >> 1.00 GB of RAM >> >> >> "Don Reichle" wrote in message >> news:419a19f7$1_2@newsprd01... >>> So one more set of commands to learn, eh? VBA, that is. >>> >>> Do I just dive right in? Or are there any good learning tools available? >>> >>> -- >>> Don Reichle >>> Hacker Engineering, Inc. >>> "King of Work-Arounds" >>> LDT & CD 2004 >>> C3D 2004 SP1 >>> On HP Pavilion a367c >>> 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM >>> XP PRO - SP2 >>> >>> >>> "James Wedding" wrote in message >>> news:419a146f_1@newsprd01... >>>> I'm not sure how the transition point would work on that particular >>>> item. Each of the subassemblies (the prebuilt ones at least,) have >>>> their own intelligence. I haven't tried essentially stretching a median >>>> vertically as the base followed one VA and the top another. Since the >>>> median is defined as a static piece of geometry, you'd have to figure >>>> out some way to tell it which link is stretching vertically, the foot, >>>> or the divider itself. >>>> >>>> Seems like it can be done, you just may have to modify the VBA >>>> definition of the median subassembly. >>>> >>>> -- >>>> James Wedding, P.E. >>>> Technology Manager >>>> Associate >>>> Jones & Boyd, Inc. >>>> Dallas, TX >>>> XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G >>>> LDT2005+C3D >>>> http://au.autodesk.com >>>> Sign up now for AU2004! >>>> >>> >>> >> >> > >
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thinking out load... One method that can be used, is to create the barrier from generic segments. One such segment "LinkOffsetAndElevation" can be tied to an Alignment and a Profile (only the profile would be needed to raise the height of the custom created barrier). I have not yet explored the Generic segments much. But, I presume they can be used for the "Custom" Subassemblies that many have asked to be able to create. Angel Espinoza KETIV Technologies "chris" wrote in message news:4199fc15$1_2@newsprd01... > when superelevating 2 roadways separated by conc. median barrier it is > nessessary to have a variable height barrier - how can I do this > > Thank you ! > > Chris > >
Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

found it! - all i had to do wuz open my eyes.... thanks again chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report