Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable cuts in a corridor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jeremy.2012
308 Views, 4 Replies

Variable cuts in a corridor

I am helping a local golf course with some drainage issues and I am having issues on how to create my waterway corridor.  Creating the corridor isn't the issue but it's my cuts along my allignment.  The depth that I set my subassembly at wouldn't always be accurate since my cuts will be different along my allignment.  So basically I'm looking for a way to keep a corridor at a specific grade so it will have cut depths that will vary, depending on the existing ground.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: jeremy.2012

Create a design profile and use that in your corridor rather then using the surface profile.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 5
wfberry

It is difficult to follow exactly what you are saying.  A brief normal method.

1.  Draw alignment along the preferred water path.

2.  Make a profile of this showing the existing ground.

3.  Draw a final grade profile for the corridor "keeping your corridor at a specific grade".

4.  Attach the corridor to the final grade profile.

Bill

Message 4 of 5
jeremy.2012
in reply to: BrianHailey

Yeah makes sense, should have thought of that but thanks!!

Also with the corridors, for some reason they sometimes tend to start and end at 0.0' elevation.  The rest of it is at the correct elevations but I don't get why the corridor would drop down to 0.0' elevation. 

Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 5
BrianHailey

If there is a slight gap between the start/end of the proifle and the start/end of the corridor you'll see that. Perhaps you were using object snaps when creating your design profile and instead of snapping to the end of the existing profile you snapped to a vertext that was really close to the end of the existing profile. I see that one a lot in class.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report