Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanilla ACAD messes up C3D files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
davebyrnes
203 Views, 2 Replies

Vanilla ACAD messes up C3D files?

I've been using AutoCAD 2013 with Civil 3D object enablers to edit some civil drawings. The drawings were set up with Civil 3D 2012. I have my ACAD 2013 configured to saveas 2010 file format.

I've just been told that working like this has made the Civil 3D objects (created in C3D 2012) uneditable even though the drawings have not been opened in C3D 2013. I didn't think that was possible, since I'm only using vanilla AutoCAD, and am saving to 2010 file format.

I know you can't edit Civil 3D 2012 objects in C3D 2013 and expect to be able to use them back in C3D 2012, but in what way is vanilla AutoCAD screwing up the files?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: davebyrnes

The object enabler may be upgrading the Civil3D content to the newer AEC version.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: davebyrnes

@Anonymous wrote:

I know you can't edit Civil 3D 2012 objects in C3D 2013 and expect to be able to use them back in C3D 2012, but in what way is vanilla AutoCAD screwing up the files?

Your changing the file format by opening the files in the newer version. The versions need to match.

If the C3D version is 2012 for example and it's a back and forth workflow then you should be using 2012 with object enablers.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report