Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valley Gutter with apron

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
517 Views, 4 Replies

Valley Gutter with apron

OK. So I designed this intersection with a valley gutter. The design took 8 alignments, 8 profiles and 5 assemblies. It took approximately 2.5 hours which included calculating grades. My question: Is there a quicker/simplier way to create this or is this what Autodesk intended, using so many alignments/profiles for transitions?

Is there a way to lock the relationship between these individual profiles with the main centerline profile? Or do I have to update every single one when changes come around?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That looks pretty impressive. I have been looking for a way to create something like that myself. All I've seen for tutorials were streets that crowned into each. Can you give me a run down on how you did it? I also would like to know if the data could stay connected to the main profile of the road. It would make it worth doing.

Again, nice work!
Message 3 of 5
dana.probert

no way to lock the relationship, but i have some labels that can help.

something to keep in mind is that you may not have to fully "corridor" everything in order to get your TIN to reflect your desired design. You can leave gaps in your corridor if there is a constant slope going from one place to another or some interpolation.

I don't know if i make any sense... and it is hard to tell from your tiff if you could take advantage of that.

dana
www.civil3d.com
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Dana,
For your labels, are you referring to your "Intersection Information" and "Transition Marks" labels from your "Sample Drawing for Intersections and CuldeSacs" tutorial? If so, I have them and they have been very helpful, so thank you for that tutorial.

As for not making a full corridor, I'll have to see what could be omitted in order to get the elevations I need labeled.

Thanks.
Message 5 of 5
dana.probert

you might be able to get away with a marked point only assembly along your gutter line or something like that. like i said, it's hard to tell without seeing how you did model it

kinda like this "cheat"

http://www.civil3d.com/index.php/2006/10/holding-the-main-road-crown-an-intersection-shortcut/

BTW- looks awesome!
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report