Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Point Elevations as a Scale Parameter on a block During Import

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
taylorscott37
434 Views, 3 Replies

Using Point Elevations as a Scale Parameter on a block During Import

Hi there, 

I am trying to have a block scaled on import baised on the elevation of the point.  I already use description key sets to scale blocks in import to parameters added to the code libary, for example; "Pole 0.31" draws a circle with a diameter of .31 meters.  

Is there a way where I would be able to scale a block on import based on the elevation of the object?  For example, a point's elevation is 1.7m, so on import it would scale a block by 1.7 on the x/y axis.  Ideally if I were to modify the datum of the points the blocks would automatically scale, but that is more of a pipe dream.  

We import the data from a trimble r8 rover and convert the file to a FBK file before importing the survey data.  

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: taylorscott37

The elevation would have to be a parameter in the raw description of the point. You could probably use Excel to add the elevation to the description but I'm not exactly sure how that would be done.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
DaveM
in reply to: BrianHailey

In excel you can use the & symbol to combine cells of text together. If you want to look it up in the help file it is refered to as concatenate

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 4
taylorscott37
in reply to: DaveM

Thank you,

Good idea, I am writing an excel tool now to format the data.  A bit of a pain, but beats manually scalling the blocks as I do now.   I was hoping that civil would allow the elevation to be a paramiter, oh well.   

Thanks for the quick response and the help!

Taylor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report