Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using AVT2014 to generate parking layout. What about curb?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
doni49
467 Views, 5 Replies

Using AVT2014 to generate parking layout. What about curb?

We're looking to use AVT2014 to generate parking layouts in our parking lots.  We'd like to show the stripes that AVT generates on our striping plans. 

The lot is bounded by curb and gutter.  As such the end spaces won't have a stripe at the curb side of the space.  How can I get it to NOT put that stripe?

So far, the only way I've found to get rid of the unwanted stripes is to explode the parking row which demotes it down to Acad polylines which of course eliminates the dynamic capabilities.

And while we're at it, is there a way to have AVT draw the curb line too?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
doni49
in reply to: doni49

I thought maybe a graphic would help.  In the following screenshot, the purple linework represents the face of curb line.  The yellow lines are the stripes.

I don't want to show the end stripes (and why is it showing the yellow line along the back of the space?  That's not a stripe.

AVT@Curb.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza

are we looking at an already exploded one?
in the Pool edit the standard: RC edit>> End island tab>> clear check boxes to draw island and hatch.

Bay style tab>> normal>> bay markings [...] clear the "baseline" box. (clear the T if you dont want those hideous things.
Also, set "sideline offset to 0 if you want the paint to go to the curb

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Did that help?

Another thing. From what I have gathered about AVT thus far the "pool" of standards is exactly that a pool, and infers that many standards can be used in one parking plan. That is your base standard , a copy edited to not show end islands and son on. So many swimmers can be in the pool to get the achieved look.

I had an SR on this an learned a bit. Dimensioning the end islands isn't going to happen any time soon. getting the bay side to fillet, no. Getting the layer button to let you choose a company standard layer, no. However, these items were enthusiastically given to development.

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

@Joe-Bouza wrote:
are we looking at an already exploded one?
in the Pool edit the standard: RC edit>> End island tab>> clear check boxes to draw island and hatch.

Bay style tab>> normal>> bay markings [...] clear the "baseline" box. (clear the T if you dont want those hideous things.
Also, set "sideline offset to 0 if you want the paint to go to the curb

No the image shown was WITHOUT exploding the parking row.  At the very ends, there is a yellow stripe -- but there will be a curb there so I don't need/want a stripe there.  I placed this with End Island turned off and I don't see the any end islands (they're blue when they're on).  I did eventaually figure out how to get rid of what I was calling the back line (which I now know to be termed "Baseline" in AVT and also how to get rid of the T.

The only issue left is the curb & stripes at the ends of the row -- if there's curb, I don't need a stripe.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

When clear the check box in the standards file I thought the last stripe turned off.
If not, a wipe out should do it.

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report