Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User profiles not loading with command line switch /p

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mike.johnson
1305 Views, 4 Replies

User profiles not loading with command line switch /p

I have the following command line switch called for from the icon target.  This has worked great for 2004-2009 versions.  It seems this version bypasses the command.  If I go into options and load the profile manually it only stays current for that session, once the program is closed it has to be reset each time. 

/p "G:\Autodesk settings\2011-C3D-32.arg"

Thanks all for input!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
bruce.jordan
in reply to: mike.johnson

When using the /p switch, is there one profile that gets set current, or is it random?

I'm going to assume that one profile keeps gettng set current (other than 2011-c3d-32)

Find the file 2011-c3d-32.arg, make a backup copy, and open the orginal in notepad.

Do a search on the profile name that actually gets set current.  Did you find anything?

I had the same problem you mention, and in the arg file I was using was actually referencing another profile.

So I did a search and replace in the arg file, replacing the profile name that was being set current, with the one I wanted to be set current.

-Bruce

Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

I know one thing.  I noticed that you have a path set up within that command switch. [/p "G:\Autodesk settings\2011-C3D-32.arg"].

AutoCAD will grab the ARG from that location only the FIRST time you load it.  If AutoCAD finds a profile called "2011-C3D-32" it will use the one defined in the registry and not the one defined at that path.

What this means is it will load that profile the first time.  The user can then make any changes they want to the profile on their computer.  The next time they start AutoCAD with that desktop shortcut (with the /p "G:\...") it will be their newly customized profile and not the one you set up that's stored on G.

Hope this helps.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
mike.johnson

Bruce you are right on the money – I’m not sure how I missed that!

Matt, yes that is the case.  I allow them to change it to suit, except for the files tab – then they are instructed to export it out to their G drive for saving or using different machines. (Novell network does not play nice with Windows roaming profiles)

Thanks again!

Message 5 of 5

Can confirm that this is still a relevant answer in 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report