Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use expressions for displaying slope arrows in cross section

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
herczegandi
516 Views, 4 Replies

Use expressions for displaying slope arrows in cross section

I would like to label a cross section in the next way:

If the slope greater than 1% the label appers with the real value.

If the slope less than 1% the label disappers.

I used expression, it worked. The problem is that I cannot use this rule to the slope arrows. Does anybody know, how I can set that if the slope less than 1% not only the label, but the arrow disappear too.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: herczegandi

What is your expression for the text? You should be able to do something similar for the arrow. You may not be able to make the arrow disappear, but you can control the size of it with an expression.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
doni49
in reply to: troma

I tried it Friday (using C3D 2012) and there seems to be a minimum length to the leader.  So I was ALWAYS getting a leader -- sometimes with an arrow head & sometimes.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: doni49

May have to make a custom block and use that for the arrow instead of the default. Just a shot in the dark.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
herczegandi
in reply to: troma

I used the next expression:

IF(ABS{Surface Slope})>=1,ABS({Surface Slope}),-1)

If the statement is not true, the result is a negative number, and I can set that "hide negative values".

So it would be better to disappear the arrow, but if it doesn't work, I will try the reduce the size, but I'm afraid that there will appear small points instead of arrows.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report