Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use expression in pecent length of line component in label style composer?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
markkco
760 Views, 7 Replies

Use expression in pecent length of line component in label style composer?

Should this be possible to do?

I want a line in surface slope style but with length from expression. I created expression with percent format under Surface/Label Style/Slope. Created a new style under same label type, created a line component in label style composer and selected "Percent Length" under "Length Type" parameter. In "Percent Length" parameter I can select expression created earlier, but I got "Invalid input" message. I tryed to format expression as double and set value lower than one but got same message.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
troma
in reply to: markkco

Can you post the exact expression? Just copy & paste it in.
Are you getting the error message in the expression editor or in the label style editor?
Can you explain more fully what you are trying to accomplish with this? What is the purpose? This will help to understand & make good helpful suggestions.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 8
markkco
in reply to: troma

You can set expression to be any floating number, the message "Invalid Input" happens in Label Style Composer when trying to set expression as "Percent Length" property value of Line component.

The purpose of this is similar to trick used when trying to show and hide text by setting text component height using expression. So why not use expression in percent length of line component?

Message 4 of 8
troma

What version are you in? I seem to be able to do it in 2011, but the length property worked a bit differently I think.
Is the expression in the drop-down? Or are you typing it in?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 8
markkco
in reply to: troma

Im in 2014 SP1. I'm able to select expression is in drop down list.

Message 6 of 8
tcorey

I don't know why it won't allow your expression when you use Percent Length, but you can use Fixed Length and have your expression calculate and supply the percent.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 8
markkco
in reply to: tcorey

I'm already using fixed length as only possiblity to use expression in line component length. Thank you for your time.

Message 8 of 8
Marsay

This is still broken in C3D2018.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report