Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT PLEASE - Cul De Sac error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
aumtech
662 Views, 4 Replies

URGENT PLEASE - Cul De Sac error

Experts, I am stuck in cul-de-sac design and I have just few hours to our submission.

I am modeling a cul-de-sac and I am getting a gap as attached in screen shots. This is the simplest form of CDS design I am doing. This is my first time and I did lot of reading online. However in real life site design, I am just not able to figure out what could be the problem.

For time being I am not even trying to daylight it to surface so as to avoid target surface errors.

I would sincerely appreciate if you guys can look at the attached screen shots and tell me what I may be doing obviously wrong

Regards, Mayur

Mayur Sant, P.E.
LEED AP, MICE (UK)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: aumtech

You must have an alignment that follows the cul-de-sac.  Once you have that, you must have 2 different assemblies.  One of them will stop at the ER (the full road section).  The assembly that goes around the cul-de-sac will have the assembly marker at the back of curb.  See image below...

6-27-2011 3-12-14 PM.png

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5
mathewkol

This doea not appear to be a gap to me. How does your corridor surface look? If you want more corridor sections in this area (the gap as you call it) you need to increase the section frequencuy for this area.

The image resolution is not good (at least on my Blackberry) and I can't see any curves along your ETW. If there is no curve you will not be able to dill this gap. Ayt least not using the usual method for CDS design.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
aumtech
in reply to: mathewkol

Todd & Matt,

sincerely appreciate your quick reply.

Matt you were spot on. There was nothing wrong with CDS. Just that there were no curves and hence graphically it looked like there is gap. After adding curves it looked exactly I was expecting.

Again thanks a lot you guys.

Regards, Mayur

Mayur Sant, P.E.
LEED AP, MICE (UK)
Message 5 of 5
mathewkol

Glad to help.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report