Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT!!! PIPE NETWORK PLAN VIEW INTERSECTION CROSSING INVERT CALLOUT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
aj519
696 Views, 3 Replies

URGENT!!! PIPE NETWORK PLAN VIEW INTERSECTION CROSSING INVERT CALLOUT

Hello everyone....

Is there a way to label the inverts or top of pipe with styles in plan view for two pipe networks at a crossing?

I know you can label any pipe network at the begin and end of pipe segment but what about anywhere else within the end and beginning?

I read you can create a non-plottable null structure at the point of crossing-intersection in the pipe network and that way you can label it but is there another way besides this without so much time being put into it?

Thank you...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kcobabe
in reply to: aj519

Create a crown profile and add an associative label and have it read to that profile.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 4
Grimes_MG
in reply to: kcobabe

The "create pipe crown profile" is a good idea as is the "create a null structure" at the intersection.

However, users have been requesting a better way to label pipe inverts (or crowns) in profiles and section for a while now. This should be an automatic label style but as for now, you have to manually label the pipes using a Profile View or Section View Label Style.

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: aj519

I was playing with this earlier today and noticed that the lable style gets anchored the the center line of the pipe @ the centerline elevation. I was looking for a way to determine the distance the label is to or from the pipe end/ start . then we should be able to write the expression {startCrownElevation} + <dist> * {pipeSlope}

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report