Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upside down alignment labels

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
fninja
4500 Views, 13 Replies

Upside down alignment labels

First I have looked at all the questions regarding this in the forums and have not found a solution to my problem.

I have created an alignment in Civil 3D 2013, from 100+00 to 6740+00 and Station 5040+00 thru 5400+00

are upside down both in the respected drawing and the alignment itself. I have checked and double checked all the settings and they all seem to be correct. This has really got me dumb founded.

Thank you.

Michael

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
c3dish
in reply to: fninja

Are you sure your label style do not make that happen? Did you try to dref the alignment in a drawing created from a stock template and then label it with the styles from that drawing? 

Message 3 of 14
BrianHailey

Can you post an image of the issue? I think it might be caused by the plan readability bias that is set in the default template. Labels aren't considered to be upside down until they are rotated past 110 degrees (1.92 radians for you metric guys).

You can change the plan readability for just the label style, or for every label style in the drawing. For just one label style, edit the label style and then on the general tab, change the readability bias (also make sure "plan readable" is on).

You can also change it for the entire drawing. On the settings tab of the toolspace, right click on the drawing name and choose, "Edit Label Style Defaults..." Expand out Plan Readability and change the Readability Bias. Also, click on the arrow on the right of the row to make sure no label styles are overriding this setting.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 14
troma
in reply to: BrianHailey

I have never heard of radians being linked to the metric system.
One thing I have wondered though—who uses gradians?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 14
fninja

Thank you for your responses. I have looked very closely at all the settings having to do with the Label Style.

The confusing oart of all this is that only a certain number of them are upside down and or backwards. I have included a snap shot of the sreen as I see it. I have been creating alignments for quit some time now and never had a problem such as this. 2 months ago we upgraded to Civil 3D 2013. I wonder if ti's a bug. Maybe I'll try opening it up in my other version of 2011...hhhmm

Paper space view Robins machine.JPG

Message 6 of 14
troma

If you have it in 2013 don't think you can open it in 2011. Best shot is export to acad and recreate the alignment from a polyline.
Meanwhile, check:
UCS
VIEWTWIST
PLAN
BASE
Probably not all of them can have an effect, just spouting off the top of my head.

Mark Green

Message 7 of 14
fninja
in reply to: troma

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at all those variables and quit a few more. All great ideas though. The alignment was originally built from a polyline. And your probably right about the version stuff.
I will try re-creating it in a new drawing and see if it repeats the problem. Thanks again.
Message 8 of 14
troma

You say you've checked all those settings that Brian showed, but you don't say what they are set to. Do you use plan readability? What happens if you switch the viewtwist around 180? Does everything look wrong or right from that angle, or is it half & half? Show a few screen shots at different twists.

Mark Green

Message 9 of 14
fninja

Yes I use the plan readibility and set it as recommended although it was there to begin with. But I did make sure it was set correctly. if I switch it to 180 they are all upside down. One thing I haven't done is looked at the particular stations in question after setting it to 180. i will give it a try. And who know maybe if I set it back it will diplay all correctly. I will see about trying to get a few screen shots at different twists. Right now I have been tasked to put out a different fire so I won't be able to try these things unitl later. Thanks again. Michael
Message 10 of 14
BrianHailey

@fninja wrote:
Yes I use the plan readibility and set it as recommended although it was there to begin with. But I did make sure it was set correctly. if I switch it to 180 they are all upside down. One thing I haven't done is looked at the particular stations in question after setting it to 180. i will give it a try. And who know maybe if I set it back it will diplay all correctly. I will see about trying to get a few screen shots at different twists. Right now I have been tasked to put out a different fire so I won't be able to try these things unitl later. Thanks again. Michael

Can you share your drawing? I'm willing to bet if you do that, several of us will be scrambling to be the first one to find out what's going on.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 11 of 14
fninja
in reply to: BrianHailey

I'll see what I can do or not do.
Message 12 of 14
BrianHailey

If you would rather, you can e-mail it to me directly and I'll take a look at it. c3dplus is my gmail account.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 13 of 14
JamesCorley

troma sez:   One thing I have wondered though—who uses gradians?

I know it's been 4 years, but the US Military, especially the Army uses gradians and especially for artillery control.
Message 14 of 14

check attach image

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report