Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading LISP?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ParadigmAE
296 Views, 1 Reply

Upgrading LISP?

Quick question:

If I had some custom lisp routes that I used with ACAD 2009, then 2012...do you think I would need to upgrade, modify or change any of the lisp to work correctly in 2014?

Could a custom lisp that I used in 2012, corrupt, effect performance, screw with other key commands (although with worked in the 2012 software) in 2014 if I didn't upgrade the 2012 lisp?

And if I need to upgrade my 2012 lisps to 2014, how do I it or where can I find the answer?

Thanks 

Abraxas

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dgorsman
in reply to: ParadigmAE

LISP is generally portable between versions, more so when programmed with version independance in mind.  If you are accessing Civil3D or other objects via VLA methods/properties you will likely need to make updates.  There is some command-line quirkyness in the past couple of releases which can affect user feedback during long loop operations.

Oh, and watch out for the security features - these can prevent LISPs from being loaded.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report