Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Cogo Points Issues...........

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
taneum
752 Views, 2 Replies

Upgrading Cogo Points Issues...........

I get that message when opeing a drawing that contains no cogo points in it but does contain multiple surfaces, alignemtns, profiles, and data references.

Why just this week are we experiencing this.  It akes 18 minutes to open a 30mb file and it has to "Upgrade Cogo Points"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
IanMcClain
in reply to: taneum

Probably has nothing to do with cogo points. There have been numerous posts about this issue and it seems there is something else wrong with the drawing, the drawing is just hanging after the cogo message is displayed but before the next operation is finished:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Upgrading-COGO-points-Drawings-take-an-eterni...

I would try cleaning up the drawing once it opens: audit, purge, set proxygraphics to 0, etc.

Ian McClain
Message 3 of 3
taneum
in reply to: IanMcClain

Yeah I had read that post.  I have audited, recovered, and purged the drawing.  I have also downloaded a purge add on that purges nested objects.  Nothing is fixing this issue.

Once it opens I can save it, close it, and open it back up.  Others can open it right away.  I notice however that once the file sits for 5 or 6 minutes and you try to open it, that is when the issue occurs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report