Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating xref after creating sheets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MKH-VB
249 Views, 3 Replies

Updating xref after creating sheets

trying to get my hands around creating sheets in civil 3d. I have created my sheets, after working in my model drawing.  I like the looks of my sheets, but decided to draw something in manually within my profile, in the model drawing.  When I go to look at my sheet, the new entities drawn, are not showing up.  These are not c3d entities, just simple autocad circles. Anyone give me a hint on whats happening (nor not happening) Thanks

mkh
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HorizontalCurveGuy
in reply to: MKH-VB

If I understand you are manually drawing in the source file and wanting it to display in the sheet file? Cant be done. vanilla acad wont dref, draw in the sheet file or an xref attached to the sheet file,. Maybe I misunderstood and your "model" is xrefed? In that case you may have a vport layer freeze preventing the newly drawn objects from showing

Message 3 of 4
MKH-VB
in reply to: HorizontalCurveGuy

yes, I'm drawing in source file, wanting xref to update. Not the answer I wanted, but at least I know to stop trying! I am so used to using standard xref where layers just translate over to the sheet file.  Still having trouble embracing the styles.

Thanks for the reply.

mkh
Message 4 of 4
HorizontalCurveGuy
in reply to: MKH-VB

The file you created the sheets from should be xrefed in the sheets. You can still use Xrefs with c3d, just as you always have

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report